Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fall Fun in the City

Busy and fun times here in New York! We have been keeping very busy here. For Halloween, we had some friends form church over. Thanks to the help of two of my new friends, the party went very well. We decorated cookies, played games, and bobbed for donuts(more sanitary and softer than apples).



This pic is of one of our babysitters. She is AMAZING!!! The kids adore her!


We also had a great time watching Abbie perform at school. They did the Monster Mash! Then we had a little party in the classroom.






I had a friend come visit me a couple of weeks ago. Actually, she is one of my oldest and dearest friends who I have not seen in over 2 years. I would post pics of us, but I have promised to not post anything without her approval. Only for Jen! We went to see South Pacific, went shopping and got makeovers at Bergdorff Goodman (sp?), went to Madame Tussaud's and had fun with the wax figures!!


The next weekend was back to the city for The Rockettes! Since we live so close to NYC, we just hopped on the train that dropped us off at Grand Central Station. Brooks loved the train, and Abbie loved the Rockettes!




Afterwards, we went to Mars 2112, which is an outer space themed restaurant. When you get there, they give you a ticket, and you get in an elevator and go on a rocket ship ride up to "outer space." When you step off the ride, you are in a fully decorated restaurant that looks like outer space. There were a lot of parties going on, and balloons were everywhere. Brooks was not so happy that he did not get one. Fortunately, we had an amazing waiter who brought my kids balloons!


The boys were exhausted on the way home, but the girls were full of sunshine!




This next week will be exciting. Another one of my best friends is coming in with her family on Wednesday at 11 pm and is spending Thanksgiving with us!! I can hardly wait! We are taking the kids to the Macy's Day Parade on Thursday and are going to do the whole Thanksgiving dinner on Friday. I don't care what we do, as long as it includes the Ledfords.

No comments:

Post a Comment