Friday, April 2, 2010

Time Movin'

I want another baby! I admit, the timing is off, but the time is tickin' too! I am praying about God's will and His timing, because it does not make sense.
Ok, on to another note, we had so much fun in the city last week. Christine and Emma came in to town, and we hit the city. Abbie was not feeling great, but she did not complain a bit! We hot my favorite restaurant, Tony's, watched Alice in 3D for $20 a ticket(I was shocked it was that it was that much more), went to M&M and Hershey stores, and walked around Times Square. The next morning we went to a play in Greenwich Village, which was so fun! I have not been to Greenwich Village much, but I have decided I want to hit it more in the future trips. The musical was Alice in Wonderland. The girls loved it! Afterwards, Abbie insisted on telling Cinderella that she had her at home as a Barbie doll. The cast got a kick out of that.
I am so thankful for the friends I have here. After our experience in Texas, I am not quick or excited to make true friends in the church where Rick pastors. Due to the fact that there are hardly any Christians up here, it is not really an option to do otherwise! (: I am grateful for the friends who have made room in their lives for "one more."
Speaking of Austin, I can hardly believe it was a year ago that Rick sent in his resignation letter. I have mixed emotions. First, I am shocked at how much healing God has done in my heart through my experience here in NY. Second, I am so lucky to have the family I do. I remember throwing Brooks a birthday party at my Mom's house, and all my relatives came over. There is nothing like family to drown out ugliness. Brooks's birthday is coming up again, so it brings back memories of where I was and see God's hand in everything. I will not say I am "free" from the experience, but I am getting there. For the first time, I experienced God using the experience to enable me to minister to someone that I probably could not have otherwise. That felt good, really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment