Thursday, September 3, 2009

OH MY WOW!!!

It is official, we are full-on trusting God and moving up to New York. Rick leaves tomorrow with the mini van stocked full. He drives for 19 hours. Preaches Sunday, flies home Monday. We leave Wednesday in the Tahoe wit a trailer on the back, get to New York Thursday night or Friday morning, sign the lease, take Abbie's paperwork to her new school. We actually movie in on the 13th, our furniture arrives the 13th,14th,15th, or 16th. Abbie starts school the 16th. I get on a plane and fly home for my sister's three showers on that Thursday, come home Sunday night, Rick leaves that Friday, and I preach for him on Sunday. I AM OUT OF BREATH!!! I cannot believe how fast it all has to move! I get to catch my breath before flying back two and a half weeks later for my sister's wedding.. Two weeks after that one of my closest friends in the world comes to see me for 5 days. Two weeks after that, another close friend and her fam are flying up to spend Thanksgiving with us. Four weeks after that, Christmas! OH MY WOW!!! I so need more than 24 hours in a day. LOTS of coffee and prayer for me! It all starts in 5 days!
I have mixed emotions, of course. I was all negative and worried for awhile, but my sweet grandmother spoke the most amazing words to me that turned it all around. I realize that life is our choice. What I mean is, life happens. We can choose to worry, stress, procrastinate the inevitable, focus on the bad...OR we can look for the good. What we decide not only impacts our lives but the lives of those we love most. I choose joy, excitement, happiness, and adventure. God's hand has been apparent in all of this. We got a house for well below what we should have paid. Insurance is not going to be $3000/month. It will be $1200. The people at our church are so loving and accepting. The church is multiplying at an amazing rate. I am blessed, and I CHOOSE to smile!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you guys and excited to see how the next few months unfold for you!!

    ReplyDelete