Monday, September 28, 2009

Ramblings

Hello blog world! I don't have anything earth shattering to share, just some "snapshots" of the past few days. I have been so busy there are not pictures. We have unpacked 75% of our stuff, though much of it is laying around while I decide where everything should go. Our playroom should be labeled a "Disaster Zone." This is great for the kids, however, because they can see all their toys rather than plowing through the tubs.
Abbie is learning how to write letters. Last week was T, B, and F. She does great at Ts, decent at B's, and so won't even focus on the F's. She thinks school work is quite annoying. I was always and still am an overachiever, so this concept is foreign to me. Speaking of overachiever, I am going to be home schooling Brooks starting as soon as the curriculum arrives in the mail. Just like his mommy, he is a perfectionist, overachiever, and pitches a fit when things are not just as he expects and requests. It is hilarious. I am quite fascinated watching their two personalities play out, seeing clearly the strengths and weaknesses. Abbie is so steady and is not too concerned with what others think about her.
Today we went to Red Rooster. It is a hole-in-the-wall burger and ice cream joint that has rides and putt putt in the back. We had a great lunch with Daddy today. Supposedly movie stars eat here, but we spotted none. The ice cream cones were as tall as my foot. Seriously, they were about a foot long, dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles.
I have 2 potential places to work. One is a Y and is personal training and subbing aerobics. The other is aerobics and maybe other opportunities. It is some fancy state-of-the-art, all purpose place that has movie stars as members. That is somewhat intimidating to me. Movie stars = divas, right? The coordinator seems really nice, though. I will visit both this week and meet with the coordinators. We bought a treadmill and have weights, so I am ok taking my time in finding a spot. Well, that is about it. Off to take my Melatonin and snooze. FYI-if you have trouble falling asleep, it is a natural supplement that knocks you out without the "hangover" the next morning.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to be homeschooling Brooks just until he starts Kindergarten or through elementary school, etc.?

    I am so glad that we have been able to chat more often recently. It is great catching up with you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete